Winter means big business for the Poconos, and no one embraces the season more than Woodloch Pines Resort, which has been making winters special since its inception in 1958. Each year this quintessential family resort offers guests a wide variety of activities to delight the senses and to help guests through the more trying winter months.
Premiering for the first time, the resort will feature Winterfest Weekends. On non-holiday Saturdays through mid-March, guests can immerse themselves in a winter wonderland of cold-weather commotion. Guests can look forward to:
- A midway-style carnival featuring both indoor and outdoor activities to excite even the most wavering winter travelers.
- Outside activities will include a hot chocolate bar, festive lights display, marshmallow roasting and tailgate games.
- Inside, guests can warm up with winter-themed carnival games (think curling with ice cubes), crafting, balloon animals and face painting.
- Longtime guest favorites such as snow tubing, snowshoeing, ice fishing and ice skating on the resort’s lake or under the canopy-covered, synthetic rink which just opened last winter.
- Winter Olympics featuring mountain bowling, snow shovel passing and snow tube switch-a-rooing as guests compete for a coveted Woodloch gold medal.
- Winter archery tag where friends become targets in this game set among the resort’s stunning Pocono backdrop.
- A brand-new escape room where groups of players solve a series of puzzles during a set amount of time in order to unveil the secret plot and “escape” from the setting.
- Popular amenities including a zip-line and climbing wall, go-karts, bumper cars, game shows and trivia, a Broadway-style theme show and the Indoor Pool Complex complete with slide and splash zone.
If this isn’t enough, Woodloch is the official partner of Ski Big Bear at Masthope Mountain located only eight miles away. Take advantage of the family resort’s “SKIHAUS” promotion and enjoy a stay in a spacious Woodloch Springs guest home at a 15% discount plus an additional 15% off lift tickets. Ski Big Bear is the perfect place to learn with their personalized ski instruction and user-friendly trails.
“Winter is a really special season here at Woodloch Pines,” explains John Kiesendahl, owner and president of the resort. “The snowy landscape is picture-perfect, and our guests are awed by the beauty that surrounds them. Some can’t wait to race outside to enjoy all the wintry fun, and others are happy to just relax and stay cozy indoors by a fire. It’s really great because there’s something for everyone.”
The highlight of your stay may very well be the Broadway style show at night that always has a “G” rating. Guests can cap off the evening with a stage performance featuring precise choreography, pulsating music and very gifted performers. There are many New York City or Las Vegas shows that don’t boast this amount of energy on one stage, and the show is pure enjoyment from start to finish.
Guests can choose from a variety of accommodations. Deluxe lakeview rooms feature two queen beds and a double pullout couch in one large room, with a view towards the lake complete with private balcony or patio. A two-bedroom Mountain Laurel Country Suite can sleep a dozen people. Each two-bedroom suite has two private balconies or patios with a view towards the lake, as well as three total televisions. The Lake Estates are a group of four large and spacious guest homes located at the Woodloch Pines property and feature a view towards the lake. Each home has five bedrooms and five-and-a-half bathrooms.
Dining at Woodloch is an experience to be savored. As an all-inclusive resort, Woodloch offers its guests the American Plan with delicious and abundant family style meals daily, topped off by delectable homemade bakery items and dessert selections. These meals are not your average, run-of-the-mill catered fare, but rather home-cooked food that will surely please any discerning palate.
As an added bonus, winter weekends feature some of the resort’s lowest prices of the season with all-inclusive rates starting at $192 per adult, per night. To book a stay visit the website or call 1-800-Woodloch.