The 90th Academy Awards are on March 4th. The star-studded event is one of the most prestigious events in Hollywood and there’s no reason you shouldn’t celebrate like your favorite celebrities. Andrea Correale, the founder and CEO of Elegant Affairs also known as an entertaining guru has come up with extravagant recipes for an epic Oscar worthy viewing party in the comfort of your own home.
Don’t miss a beat! Click HERE to become a BELLA Insider!
Andrea has catered for some of the biggest celebrities including Jimmy Fallon, Mariah Carey, Kevin Spacey and Liam Neeson.
Gold Star Studded Truffles
Yield- 24-30 pieces
- 7 oz. chopped or shaved chocolate (semi sweet milk chocolate)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 box of made brownies
- ¼ cup chocolate frosting (store bought)
- 28 oz. chocolate coating (Wilton)
- 1 jar of edible gold sparkles (Disco dust is best)
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl and place on side. Pour the cream, light corn syrup and a pinch of salt in a pan. Bring it to a simmer not a boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate. Mix together the chocolate and cream until its melted. Add the butter and whisk it in until combined.
- Place a piece of saran wrap on top of the chocolate mixture and press down a bit. Place bowl in fridge for 2.5 hours, checking the texture every 30 minutes, until it’s firm enough to roll but not too hard
- When the mixture is cool enough to hold its shape but not too hard, scoop small balls of the chocolate onto a baking sheet that’s been lightly dusted with cocoa powder. Roll the truffles quickly or the chocolate will become too soft.
- Refrigerate the balls about 30 minutes until they firm up.
- To coat with melted chocolate, heat the 20 oz. of chocolate coating in the microwave until it’s melted.
- Add the remaining (unmelted) chocolate to the melted chocolate. Stir constantly until the chocolate is thick and shiny.
- If you have a chocolate dipping tool, use it to dip each center in the melted chocolate, setting the dipped truffles on a piece of parchment or on a plastic-lined wire rack.
- Immediately, as you make them, sprinkle each truffle with the gold sparkles. Allow them to set and then serve
|SOPHISTICATED POPCORN CONES FOR THE OSCARS
Yield 4-6 cones
- 1 bag of popped popcorn
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. truffle oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced Italian parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dry Parmesan
In a large bowl, combine truffle oil, herbs and pepper and mix well.
Add popped popcorn immediately to the bowl, add Parmesan cheese and mix all well.
Place in festive cones made from black paper adorned gold star stickers (purchased from Michaels)
|STAR STUDDED CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
Yield 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Chocolate frosting (prepared)
- Gold Star picks, festive wrappers and edible star confetti to decorate (Wilton)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line miniature muffin tins with 28 paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Add 1 1/2 cups of Nutella. Whisk the eggs and Nutella together until your mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour and gently stir it in, until the flour is completely blended. Don’t overwork it, or your cupcakes will be tough.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups. Bake the cupcakes for about 13-15 minutes, until the tops are puffed and cracked and spring back when lightly pressed. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Pipe the frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes, and top each with a beautiful gold garnish
|VANILLA SPARKLE PUDDING PARFAITS
Yield 6 shot glasses
- 1 (1.4-oz.) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 container whipped topping
- graham cracker crumbs (4 cracker sheets)
- gold sprinkles
- 6 4oz shot glasses
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a bowl until blended and smooth. Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. crumbs into each of 6 (4-oz.) glasses, and top with 1/3 cup pudding mixture. Repeat layers with remaining crumbs and pudding mixture. Top each parfait evenly with remaining whipped topping and gold sprinkles. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.