Hello BELLA readers,
I am a model, wife, mother, and lover of all things fabulous. Each issue I will be giving you “Top 5 With Kaki,” as well as an inside scoop from a celebrity or industry insider. I’m so excited to take this journey with you into the land of fabulousness.
It’s spring … time to throw off that big black overcoat and walk to the land of floral prints, pastels, and cropped jackets! I have scoured the racks of designer after designer to come
up with my top 5 trends for this spring. Enjoy, and please dress fabulously!
1. Ruffles, ruffles, and yes – more ruffles.
Just thinking about chiffon ruffles makes me giddy! Match a spring sheer floral print sundress with anything ruffled for the perfect day to night look.
2. Give ‘em the cold shoulder.
Spring is all about giving a sneak peek of summer, so show off those sexy shoulders! From shoulder cut-outs to off-the-shoulder blouses to one-shoulder dresses, bare shoulders are definitely in!
3. Drench yourself in silk!
Silk is the “it” material this spring. Flowy and sensual, silky sun dresses, blouses, and boxy jackets will be your new favorite spring pieces.
4. Crochet – just in time for Coachella!
Throw on a crochet bikini or a crochet cover-up for the perfect spring break or favorite music festival outfit. Think 1970’s vibes meets today’s hipster style.
5. Slip into a something more comfortable.
Inspired by everyone’s fave – sleepwear – slip dresses are going to be everywhere this spring. From the bedroom to the street, we’ll be seeing more sleepwear as daywear soon.
5 Red Carpet Secrets With Taylor Jacobson, Stylist To The Stars
1. You should always have an array of tape. That includes anything from surgical tape, to masking tape, to scotch tape.
2. You must own an assortment of undergarments: Spanx, thongs, girdles, and bras.
3. Baby powder is key in case someone can’t fit into their shoes. It helps you slip into them and also cools you off.
4. Always bring a tailor with you. It’s not fun when your dresses get stuck or they bust open.
5. Always keep a Xanax in your clutch.