What is a “Spice Purse”? It’s the best way to make veggies quick and easy- just cut up your favorite veggies and place inside a folded piece of foil (aka spice purse). Then brush with oil, add the newest flavors from Spiceologist and grill for about 10 to 30 minutes (depending on your vegetable choice).
Spiceologist takes the guess work out of seasoning, with fun inviting profiles like- Cowboy Crust, Black Magic, Tandoori Glory and Greek Freak! Executive Chef Pete Taylor and nationally recognized Food Blogger Heather Scholten, are the brains behind Spiceologist and have teamed up since 2013 to start a spice company like no other. All of their spices are gluten free, soy free , no MSG and as they say- no “funky stuff’. Spicelogist is all natural and making summertime grilling exciting in a healthy way. Here are some of our favorite ways to add flavor to your spice purse. Let’s grill BELLA’s!
- Red Onions– the flames from the barbecue release the natural sugars making them sweet and succulent. Brush rounds with olive oil and sprinkle on Spiceologist Black Magic before grilling for Cajun rounds to top your burger.
- Corn– to shuck or not to shuck. We like peeling back the husk, removing the silks and slathering with butter and Chile Margarita, then pull the husks back over the corn and grill to perfection inside foil. But you can remove the husks and corn, and grill it with a mix of other veggies.
- Zucchini(or other squash)- cut zucchini lengthwise into strips, brush with olive oil and sprinkle on Smoky Honey Habanero, then grill a few minutes each side. Top sandwiches or burgers with these smoky strips- or simply assemble on the side like fries.
- Potatoes– toss cut potatoes, onions and bell peppers with olive oil, garlic and Spiceologist Greek Freak and grill for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Mixed Veggies– Cut up your favorite veggies, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and toss with your favorite Spiceologist flavor. Toss on the grill until done to your liking (20-30 minutes turning once). Open the veggie purse and devour!
Want more ideas on how to spice up your cooking? Then be sure to visit Spiceologist.com
Tweet me @BostonScarlette your favorite Spiceologist Spice Purse flavor!