Living and or working in New York City is as exciting as it sounds. But at some point, we all need to disconnect from NYC’s demanding energy.
Did you know that paradise is not as far as you think? Insert Port Jefferson here.
Port Jefferson is an incorporated village in the Town of Brookhaven in Suffolk County, New York on the North Shore of Long Island.
Besides driving, there are two other means of transportation into town:
1. You can take the Long Island Railroad from Penn Station to Port Jefferson then the Jitney into Port Jefferson Village.
This trip takes a total of 2 hours and 15 minutes. For the first time ever, the jitney will be available the entire Summer this year -starting on Memorial Day weekend and will go until Labor Day weekend.
2. Sea Street offers a ferry from 35th Street in Manhattan to Port Jefferson as well.
This is also the first time that you will be able to travel by water to Port Jefferson.
The trip takes about an hour and a half. June 6th, 2015 will mark the official kick off for this route as Port Jefferson will host their 4th Annual PJ Boater’s Maritime Festival. This option will also be available all summer long.
If you’re wondering about things to do? We’ve got you covered!
- Dine at Graceful Rose.
This family owned establishment is known for providing a dining experience that inspires its’ patrons to return again and again.
- Have breakfast or brunch at Toast.
Toast Coffeehouse is an innovative breakfast and lunch eatery with and artistic vibe located in the Village of Port Jefferson.
Give your taste buds these options:
- Graham cracker crusted Peanut butter and Banana French Toast
- Sweet Potato Waffle with honey butter
- Avocado BLT Omelet
- Watch a show at Theater Three.
- Wine & Cheese Pairings at C’est.
C’est Cheese (pronounced say cheese) offers the finest in artisanal cheese, craft beers and boutique wines.
- Beer Tasting & Tour at Port Jefferson Brewery.
- A fabulous place to stay is Danford’s.
Surrounded by spectacular views of Long Island Sound and nestled in the heart of historic Port Jefferson Village, Danfords Hotel & Marina offers the finest accommodations with contemporary comfort and style.
So you see BELLA, paradise near our city is truly not as far as you think!