It’s no secret that celebrities and models love boxing. Rob Piela, owner and creator of Gotham Gym and Gotham G-Box, boasts a host of well-known clients, including supermodel Gigi Hadid.
Here are two of his super moves that Gigi loves – these are sure to kick-start your own workout routine for 2017.
Move 1: Plank with Alternating Punches
– Form a strong plank position.
– Lift your right arm and extend it out, straight up in line with your right shoulder in a punch motion.
– Return right arm to plank position.
– Repeat with left arm.
– Alternate between arms for 60 seconds.
This works your transverse abdominis (the deepest of the abdominal muscles).
Move 2: Plié Squats with Shadowboxing
– Take 1-pound weights and stand with feet wide and toes pointed outward.
– Slowly bend your knees and lower your legs until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
– When you reach the bottom of the plié, fully extend your left arm. When your left arm is coming back, extend your right arm. Do 6 reps per squat (left arm x 3, right arm x 3).
– Do three sets of 20 squats with full range of motion and 10 pulses.
This compound move works your legs, glutes, core, arms, and shoulders.
Gotham Gym has two NYC locations: 600 Washington Street and 43 Crosby Street. Visit GothamGymNYC.com for more information.
By Sari Beth Rosenberg