Get your skin summer ready with some DIY recipes from Holly Monson, Spa Manager at Ocean Pearl Spa located at the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort and Spa. Can’t make it to the spa? These combinations utilize summer fruits and fresh ingredients that many households have on hand.
Boozing Blackberry Body Scrub or Blackberry Bliss Body Scrub
2 mint leaves (Optional)
½ of a Lemon
½ oz. Organic Vodka
1 ½ cup raw organic course sugar
1 tbsp. Organic coconut oil softened
- Blend blackberries, mint, lemon and vodka.
- Pour into mixing bowl or storage container add sugar, oil and essential oil and stir. P
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes for a thicker consistency.
To use: Apply to dry skin in the shower, scrub and remove with warm water.
This body scrub is good for all skin types and great before a spray tan and will leave you feeling silky, but not oily.
Summer Strawberry Facial Mask
1 container of personal size Greek Yogurt
- Blend strawberry and lemon. Pour into mixing bowl or storage container.
- Add yogurt, honey and mix.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
To use: Apply to clean skin leave on for 10 minutes remove with warm cloth.
This mask is great for all skin types and will naturally exfoliate and brighten over time. Strawberries are great for brightening, refining pore and are a natural antioxidant. Lemon brightens and acts as a natural preservative. Honey is healing and antibacterial, Greek yogurt contains Lactic acid that will help dissolve dead skin.