Seeking a great tasting vodka with a health-conscious twist? Purus Organic Vodka is the highest ever rated vodka in the Ultimate Spirits Challenge. Composed of 100% organic Italian grain and pristine water from the Italian Alps, Purus is distilled five times and filtered through more than 1.7 million square meters of active charcoal, giving it an incomparable and smooth taste.
Perfect for cocktails like a summer Moscow Mule, this vodka is also great on the rocks with a bit of lime. Dedicated to creating clean, organic vodka, they have a perfect partner who shares the brand’s mission: the Sacchetto family. Their family-owned distillery lies in the scenic Piedmont region of Italy. Piedmont means “foot of the mountain” and the distillery literally sits at the foot of the Italian Alps.
Here’s the story: A local faith healer and friend of the Sacchetto family discovered a supply of pure crystalline
water on the distillery grounds: the snow-capped Italian Alps. So they combined this pure water with organic grain—free of commercial fertilizers and pesticides. The Sacchetto family is committed to organic farming–a dedication rooted in their belief that organic goods are not only better for those who consume them, but better for sustaining the environment. It tastes impeccably smooth…
Want to whip up the ultimate summer refresher? Here are some tips for infusing the vodka with your own ingredients at home.
- Mix your infusion. If you’re infusing something for a few days, be sure to give it a mix every once in a while.
- Taste your infusions! For the best results, taste your infusion each day till you get the flavor you like. You’re developing these custom made, after all, so they should be tailored to your taste!
- Be sure to strain your infusions a few times. No one likes seeds stuck in their teeth!
- Some things take longer to infuse than others. Some spices and herbs take less time than produce, so best to add those in a day or two later. A good rule of thumb is the more fragrant it is, the less time you need to infuse.
Guide on how long to infuse your spirits:
- Anything spicy, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon: 1 to 2 days
- Citrus: 2 to 4 days
- Soft fruits: 3 to 6 days
- Vegetables and hard fruits: 4 to 7 days